Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault in schools

If you require something physically tangible in the
presentation of your critique of standardized testing,
in order to render it more clearly, then perhaps it
will be sufficient for you to indicate the very
standards which are being applied to your project,
held over it, those which it must live up to and not
fall short of- that is, if you dont want to be left
behind...
This sort of self-reflexive rhetorical stratergy might
be an effecacious way of establishing the self-evident
relevance of your research.... (it provides its reason
and justification, its raison detre)
But I must worn you, for there is a danger involved
here: pointing to the very standards which are being
held over and against you may not, in the end, prevent
them from being bought to bear upon you inspite of
yourself. This I know from experience....

"It seems to me that the real political task in a
society such as ours is to criticize the workings of
institutions, which appear to be both neutral and
independent; to criticize and attack them in such a
manner that the political violence which has always
exercised itself obscurely through them will be
unmasked, so that one can fight against them."