[Foucault-L] Introduction

Hi Everyone,

My name is Trigg Craig. I lecture in photography and visual communication
within the design department of Curtin university. I am also currently
writing up my PhD, ?Commercial Photographers: a Discursive Ethnography¹.

My discourse analysis is particularly/essentially Foucaldian in that I draw
more from Foucault¹s, ?The Order of Discourse¹ than I do the subsequent
variations of discourse analysis ­ Parker, 1992. Potter, 1993. Fairclough,
1995. Hammersley, 1997 ­ for example.

Derek Hook presents a similar perspective to mine in, The ?disorders of
discourse.¹. (misuse os discourse analysis as proposed by Michel Foucault).
Theoria, June 2001 p41(29).

Regards

Trigg