Re: [Foucault-L] SP quote

Emmanuel, thanks so much for your help. Sadly, the Dits et écrits
reference doesn't sync up in any meaningful way in either edition, but
I feel sure that you have found the source anyway, since:

(a) The moderator correctly pointed out to me before, I can now
confirm, that neither 1975 edition of SP has this phrase (at least not
on page 298);

(b) The Hermeneutics of the Subject reference which David turned up
via google, I had myself turned up previously (of course I googled
before bothering this forum!), but it was in fact a commentator who
used the phrase, not a direct quote from Foucault's text. Of course,
such a phrase might be in there (but not on p.298 incidentally. . .),
but I think 'Le sujet et pouvoir' is simply a more likely source!

Thanks to all for your help.

Mark