Re: [Foucault-L] art vs. technology in aesthetics of existence

history, story. This equivocity exists in the french word "histoire". A traditionnal solution, if you really want to escape from it, is to use a capital H (Histoire) whenever you mean Herodotean way of testifying about things which happened. But then, you have a confusion between a type of knowledge (sacralised) and its field of objects (naturalised).
No way out, in french, I am afraid. It's part of our problem with history. And latin doesn't help on that matter.