Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault and Mishima...

Do you know the work of William S. Burroughs? His entire body of work is about the addiction to intense experience. His obsession with systems of control that we become selves by interpolating echoes Foucault as does his emphasis on sites of resistance and the psycho-technologies which create them. I believe his concept of language as a virus that infects us and uses us to reproduce is a step beyond Foucault. "Word Virus: The William S. Burroughs Reader" would be a good place to start.

________________________________

From: foucault-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Fernando Williams
Sent: Wed 3/29/2006 9:33 PM
To: foucault-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Foucault-L] Foucault and Mishima...

I would like to know if there is anyone who had felt some kind of connection between Foucault and the japanese writer Yukio Mishima (Kimitake Hiraoka), especially about the limit experiences, about lenguage and as has been said by Maurice Blanchot, life itself as an art work.

Best wishes,

Fernando Williams, Chile.

<<winmail.dat>>