Re: [Foucault-L] savoir - connaissance

At 5:12 AM -0800 13/4/06, Kevin Turner wrote:
In "The Archaeology of Knowledge" Sheridan Smith makes the following observation on the relation between savoir and connaissance:

[snip]

The problem is, Sheridan Smith does not give a reference for Foucault's comments: does anybody know where Foucault originally made this statement?

I was under the impression that Foucault offered this explanation to Sheridan when Sheridan asked him about it in relation to the translation - I haven't seen this particular quotation anywhere else in Foucault (but I may be wrong!)
--
Clare
Clare O'Farrell