Re: [Foucault-L] History of Governmentality-English Editions?

Hi Christian,

If you are refering to the lecture series published in French as 'Securitie, Territoire, Population' (College de France lectures 1977-1978) and 'Naissance de la Biopolitique' (1978-1979), then I understand that these will be translated into English and published in 2007 and 2008 respectively. See http://www.palgrave.com/philosophy/foucault.asp for more details.

Nick

From: Christian Werthschulte <cwerthschulte@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Foucault-L] History of Governmentality-English Editions?
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 15:26:46 +0200

Hello everybody,

since my initial research did not prove to be very fruitful, I thought
addressing my question at the list might be a good idea. Are there any
approved English translations of "Geschichte der Gouvernementalität"
which was quite recently published by Suhrkamp? The two volumes
comprise the lectures given at College de France in 1977/78 and
1978/79, respectively.
(http://www.suhrkamp.de/titel/titel.cfm?bestellnr=58394)

As far as I know, the German edition was published simultaneously with
the French edition, so I'm a bit sceptical of the existence of a
complete English edition. On the other hand, I'm well aware that the
concept of governmentality has been discussed in the Anglophone world
quite some time before it seeded into Germany, that's why I'm
suspecting that at least some of the lectures must have been translated
into English during the last couple of years.

I'd be grateful for any hints pointing me to specific editions and/or
internet resources.

Thanks a lot,

Christian

Christian Werthschulte