From: Nathaniel Roberts
Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2006 6:31 AM
Subject: [Foucault-L] request for moderation

Dear All,

I realize this is not a moderated list, but I would also like to humbly register the opinion that post such as Sue's, as well as Elise's response, are wildly off-topic --whatever other merits they might have.

I have no desire to silence anyone, and appreciate that the issues that they are addressing are both intense and important. But it might make for a more productive exchange if any further posts along these lines would attempt to relate the discussion more explicitly to the ideas of Michel Foucault. Whether doing so will be of any personal use to Sue or Elise, I cannot say. But it am certain that this would allow put your experiences and insights into a context that the rest of us will be able to learn much from.

Respectfully,

Nate Roberts