[Foucault-L] Foucault: philosopher or historian?

on the question of whether Foucault was a philosoher or historian, you should check out the discussion between Gary Gutting (http://ndpr.nd.edu/review.cfm?id=1262) and Béatrice Han (http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~beatrice/Gutting%20_answer_%202003-05.pdf).

Personally, I think Foucault was both a philosopher and a historian and thus not quite either or more that either.
As an historian he posed philosophical questions: "what are we now?"
As a philosopher he addressed those questions historically: not "what are we?" but "what are we now?"
Doesn't the phrase "historical ontology" imply both a philosophical and an historical enquiery?

- k