Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault: philosopher or historian?

Hi,

Honestly, I don't care if Foucault was an ''historian'' or a
''philosopher'' or only a original thinker. It does'not change the way I
understand the texts, and I think it should not. The only way to understand
who was Foucault would be to be him... I'ts just plain impossible, so I read
the text and try to make sense of them. I studied philosophy, so I
understand thoses texts in a philosophical perspective. I do not believe I
will ever be able to find ''the'' original meaning of the texts, so I just
want to have a reading which is both coherend and comprehensive.

Then, I must say that (rightly) pointing out Archeology was completed with
Genealogy in order to put aside a discussion is, well, not very welcome on
my part. I mean, sure you can discard a discussion on Newton by saying
Einstein replaced his theory, but then, you're not discussing Newton any
longuer. The topic was on ''énoncés'' and the archeology of knowledge, and I
propose that, if you wish to start a discussion on genealogy, you start a
new thread. This is just to be able to have a discussion which will not go
everywhere at once.

I hope I do not sound rude, it is only a proposal in order to keep things
clear.

Regards,

Jean-François Mongrain