[Foucault-L] hobbit!

It looks like between us we did manage to stall the discussion, which was not my intention, and I know it wasn't yours.

So as to try to kick-start it again, keeping both the philosophical debate and the concern for concrete examples in mind, I wondered if any of you could elaborate on the things you have been saying vis., "énoncé" by way of the following:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2007/sep/21/2?gusrc=rss&feed=11

It seems to me like a good place to put some empirical flesh on the philosophical bones of what has been discussed: man as a species, as something that has evolved from a primitive form to a more advanced form, the disagreement between scientists which is not a disagreement about epistemic foundations, but adherence to those foundations, etc.

One could easily write an archaeology of the hobbit...

regards - k