Re: [Foucault-L] Jean-Luc Godard's revolutionary sexual politics andFoucault

Hi Michael,

Since no one has responded to your message yet, I'll bite, though I'm not
bringing any real information to the table here. But I can say this--I've
watched a lot of Godard, and I can't really recall ever picking up any solid
Foucauldian resonances, myself. The political films of the late 60's/early
70's are clearly influenced by the Althusser and the Maoism of '68, and in
my--again, unstudied--opinion, that's about as close as Godard ever gets to
Foucault. Godard's later work I personally tend to associate with Derrida
or the Frankfurt School, rather than Foucault--although Derrida made an
interesting comment in this respect.

Cheers,

Sean

-----
Sean Saraka, Ph.D.
Replacement Professor Professeur remplaçant
School of Political Studies École des études politiques
University of Ottawa Université d'Ottawa
55 Laurier Avenue East 55, avenue Laurier Est
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5
CANADA

Off. 10148 Desmarais Hall Bur. 10148 Pavillion Desmarais
Tel. (613) 562-5800 ext. 3202 Tél. (613) 562-5800 poste 3202
Fax (613) 562-5371 Téléc. (613) 562-5371