De: foucault-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx de la part de Kevin Turner
Date: jeu. 2008-01-03 08:41
À: Foucault List
Objet : [Foucault-L] experience-experiment.

It has been noted by a number of people that the term experience was mistraslated as experiment in the Archaeology of Knowledge.

I was wondering whether this is also the case in the Birth of the Clinic.

The term "experiment" appears on pages: xiii, xv, 38, 48, 69, 71, 84, 108, 136.
If, for example, one reads the passage on page 38, it seems that experiment should be experience: 'In fact, an entierly free field of medical experiment [experience] had to be constituted...'

Can any one help in sorting out the good trasnlations from the bad?

Regards,
Kevin