Re: [Foucault-L] Governmentality -Take 2 (ignore the previous e-mail)

Scott,

In terms of periodisation, albeit following Deleuze's society of control thesis, Jeffery Nealson's
book, Foucault Beyond Foucault (2008), may be useful. It does not belong to the so called
governmental school however. Rather, his argument regarding the concept of 'intensification' and
the 'economy' of increasingly diffuse power relations as one way to interpret the trajectory of
Foucault's work is certainly useful for me thinking about different elements of Foucault's work. He
explicitly focuses on the shifts between fordist compositions of power relations to those of post-
fordism and so on.

Todd May has a review:

http://ndpr.nd.edu/review.cfm?id=12364

I argue May's cetral point is problematic in this blog post (and which also contains a long quote
from Nealson's book that captures a sense of the argument in FBF):

http://eventmechanics.net.au/?p=1059

Ciao,
Glen.