Re: [Foucault-L] The Archaeology of Knowledge

Professor,
you're absolutely right.
I just was disagreeing with the objections the above raised towards The
Archaeology of Knowledge.
Call it immaturity of a Foucault lover on my part, but I've always valued
The Archaeology of Knowledge as a favorite Foucault text of mine because I
find it to be an indispensible guide to understanding his notion of
discourse and a beautiful reflection on archaeology as a whole.
I find it to be unfairly criticized as weak and often dismissed for this
"weakness".
I actually preferred it in many ways to The Order of Things but that was
just me.

--
Chetan Vemuri
West Des Moines, IA
aryavartacnsrn@xxxxxxxxx
(515)-418-2771
"You say you want a Revolution! Well you know, we all want to change the
world"

Folow-ups
  • Re: [Foucault-L] The Archaeology of Knowledge