From: ayca cubukcu <ac2116@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 9:28 AM
Subject: Re: ANTHRODISH: biopolitics and migration?
To: Nathaniel Roberts <npr4@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

dear anthrodishers,

for a committee on global thought workshop next semester, on "biopolitics
and migration," we are looking for contributions from cutting-edge
scholars--and i thought i would ask for your suggestions and leads.

roughly, the concentration of the work should be:

1. the global and national management of migrant labour as biopower.
2. the global war on terror and the security management of mobile
populations, including surveillance, identification techniques, detention
camps, and controls on the circulation of racialized persons. we plan to
focus on "security" as a productive and contested matrix of
sovereignty, biopolitics, and migration.

we are especially interested a scholar whose work could address migrant
labour in the gulf states, such as saudi arabia.

thanks for your feedback,

ayça

---
dr. ayça çubukçu