Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault and organized religion

Hi Chetan,
Carrette's books, especially Foucault and Religion, offers an interesting
interpretation of Foucault's 'religious question'. I like Foucault's
comments about his experience of meditation in a Zen temple in Japan (I'm
looking into possible relationships between Foucauldian critique and
Buddhist thought) which can be found in the chapter Clare mentioned:

'...if I have been able to feel something through the body's posture in Zen
meditation, namely the correct position of the body, then that something has
been new relationships which can exist between the mind and the body and,
moreover, new relationships between the body and the external world' (p.
112-113).

Also, in the same book we see a glimpse of his fascination with the Church
when he responded to a remark about the Church as a political force and
instrument of struggle:

'Absolutely, it is a superb instrument of power for itself. Entirely woven
through with elements that are imaginary, erotic, effective, corporal,
sensual, and so on, it is superb!' (p. 107).

Best,
Edwin