Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault Revolutionises History

its funny
i've never found a perfect, birds-eye secondary commentator on Foucault.
Or perfect is a point of view.
Each has his or her own approach based on their specialty or theoretical
paradigm or even axe to grind.
but this is not a revolutionary idea as it was probably obvious to begin
with.

I never thought about that aspect of Veyne's misreading of Foucault's
pastoralism.
I usually have nothing but praise for his understanding of Foucault's work
on ethics and the care of the self.

--
Chetan Vemuri
West Des Moines, IA

Folow-ups
  • Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault Revolutionises History