[Foucault-L] Foucault and Deconstruction - reconciliation?

So we all probably know of the famous (perhaps overstated) rivalry between
Michel Foucault and Jacques Derrida and Foucault's famous remarks about
deconstruction as "obscurantisme terroriste". And many acolytes of both seem
to fall into the trap of upholding one's work over the other (such as
Spivak's contrast between deconstruction and what she faults as the severe
weaknesses of Deleuze and Foucault's conceptions of the political in "A
Critique of Postcolonial Reason").
Yet I was wondering if it was perhaps possible to bring together the ideas
and methods of both thinkers to create a kind of productive dialogue or to
find some unique underlying similarities in their projects? While they both
are incredibly different in immediate focus, they both seem to share common
interests in politics and the production of ideology.
What do people think of this? Is reconciliation between these two possible
or productive?

--
Chetan Vemuri
West Des Moines, IA