Re: [Foucault-L] Archaeology of Knowledge

Hiya Chetan, let me share with you, and everybody else whose listening, a book which has helped make Archaeology more readable for me, and that is Auerbach's Mimesis: The Representation of Reality in Western Literature. Auerbach wrote this book in Istanbul, were he stayed during the second world war to avoid persecution by the Nazi's: from his position in Istanbul, Auerbach could see the totalaties of Europe falling to pieces all round about him. This book is the fruit of his taking up the privalige of this historical perspective.

Hope you find my comments helpfull, even though they circumvent the question you posed to the list serve.

--- On Tue, 27/1/09, Chetan Vemuri <aryavartacnsrn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Chetan Vemuri <aryavartacnsrn@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Foucault-L] Archaeology of Knowledge and use of its overall program

Some think The Archaeology of Knowledge is a quirky text whose program can
be used in parts and that its impractical to apply his entire method as
detailed in the entire book.
I disagree with this criticism as I think there are successful ways of
utilizing the full program and potent of The Archaeology.
any ideas?

--
Chetan Vemuri
West Des Moines, IA