[Foucault-L] boston foucault group

Colleagues:

The Boston chapter of the New York based Foucault Society has been meeting since May of 2008 to infect and inspire each other with our passion for Foucault. We have been working as a "research" group as opposed to a "reading" group, or a workshop: our interests primarily are not in covering primary source texts nor in getting editorial feedback on works in progress (though both of these things happen all the time), but in developing our own ideas on Foucault, and in assessing recent developments in the field of Foucault scholarship. We've had a series of exciting meetings since May 2008, and look forward to continuing our conversations into Spring 2009. We have two events planned, both at 6pm.

Sunday May 3:
Jana Sawicki:
"Foucault, Queer Theory, and the Discourse of Desire"

...with beer to follow.

Those interested in joining us should email Sam Binkley (Samuel_Binkley@xxxxxxxxxxx ) for reading materials and other details. Attendance must be indicated in advance as building access is controlled. Meetings are held in the 9th floor conference room, Emerson College, 120 Boylston St. Boston, MA 02130.

Sam Binkley
Emerson College