Re: [Foucault-L] Technical Question concerning 'Technologies of the Self'

Don't forget to look at Ethics, Subjectivity and Truth, the collection of essays selected/translated from Dits et Ecrits (Teemu said this). There are a couple essays in there dealing with technologies of the self, including the essay of the same title from the Vermont lecture. There is also one on writing and self writing. That is really the richest store of single essay and interview materials. There is some material in History of Sexuality v2, but it is not the focus of the book. The major work on the topic is, as Colin said, in The Hermeneutics of the Subject and the Alcibiades material is in the second or third lecture. But there is much more about Greco-Roman spirituality throughout the whole book. The index will help there.

Doug

Douglas F. Olena
http://olena.com/wordpress1
doug@xxxxxxxxx