Re: [Foucault-L] Spiritual politics political spirituality

Hello everyone! Can anyone suggest a critical review on MF's notion of political spirituality especially the relation between aesthetics and ethicss in the context of performing judgement and justice?
Much appreciated Dr Tim Rackett
> Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 16:50:04 -0500
> From: teresa.mayne@xxxxxxxxx
> To: foucault-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [Foucault-L] Technical Question concerning 'Technologies of the Self'
>
> Mystery solved. You were right Teemu. It was in the Ecrits. I need to pay
> more attention to the French - It's a process.
>
> Thanks everyone.
>
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Teresa Mayne <teresa.mayne@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
> > Don't worry Douglas, I won't forget :) I will do everything in my
> > intellect and through my passions to do him justice. My goal as always, is
> > to be possessed by the author (Foucault in this case). I'll check out the
> > secondary source for my own interest too. Thanks a bunch.
> >

> > On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Douglas Olena <doug@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> Don't forget to look at Ethics, Subjectivity and Truth, the collection
> >> of essays selected/translated from Dits et Ecrits (Teemu said this).
> >> There are a couple essays in there dealing with technologies of the
> >> self, including the essay of the same title from the Vermont lecture.
> >> There is also one on writing and self writing. That is really the
> >> richest store of single essay and interview materials. There is some
> >> material in History of Sexuality v2, but it is not the focus of the
> >> book. The major work on the topic is, as Colin said, in The
> >> Hermeneutics of the Subject and the Alcibiades material is in the
> >> second or third lecture. But there is much more about Greco-Roman
> >> spirituality throughout the whole book. The index will help there.
> >>
> >> Doug

> >> Douglas F. Olena
> >> http://olena.com/wordpress1
> >> doug@xxxxxxxxx
> >> 417-887-0332

Download Messenger onto your mobile for free
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/174426567/direct/01/
Folow-ups
    • From: Thomas Marconi