Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault and/vs. Structuralism?

From memory one of the earliest discussions of Foucault and structuralism appeared in Dominique Lecourt's analysis of The Archaeology of Knowledge, which was translated as part of the 1975 book 'Marxism and Epistemology: Bachelard, Canguilhem, Foucault'. I would check my copy but all of my books are packed up at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that it discusses AK as a break with structuralism in The Order of Things. It is interesting because it was written before Discipline & Punish appeared. The Foucault Effect (ed Colin Gordon et al) might be another place to start.

On 06/12/2009, at 5:18 PM, joshua j. kurz wrote:

The most well known is probably Dreyfus and Rabinow's book *Michel Foucault:
Beyond Structuralism and Hermeneutics*.

joshua j. kurz
PhD Student, Cultural Foundations of Education
President, Graduate Employees' Student Organization
The Ohio State University
159 Ramseyer Hall
Columbus, OH 43210

no trees were harmed in the sending of this email, but trillions of
electrons were severely inconvenienced...