Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault and "human nature"

Hi, all,

In regards to the usage Foucault makes of truth, professor's Prado book
(Cambridge, 2006), "Searle and Foucault on Truth" might be useful. On pp.
81-100 he shows that Foucault provides a "multifaceted characterization" of
truth in five parts. One of them is the "tacit-realist" version of truth.
Prado concludes, "Foucault is a realist, albeit a tacit-realist, so I thing
the only option is to try to understand how truth is wholly discursive,
hence is a product of power, but without its being so entailing a denial of
objective reality (...)" Professor Béatrice Han-Pile also has a similar
interpretation.

Best,

Emmanoel