Re: [Foucault-L] foucault and "human nature" and 'Homo Psychologicus'

A small but crucial correction to the selection I reproduced from Mental Illness and Psychology: the sentence, in the third paragraph, which reads

"...in wishing to carry out a psychology of madness, one is demanding that psychology should undermine its own conditions, that it should turn back to that which made it possible, and that it should circumvent what is for it, by definition, the unsuspected."

should read

"...in wishing to carry out a psychology of madness, one is demanding that psychology should undermine its own conditions, that it should turn back to that which made it possible, and that it should circumvent what is for it, by definition, the *unsupersedable*."