[Foucault-L] Thesis - Australia

Hi

I am 42 and live in Newcastle, Australia. I am slowly working on an MPhil Thesis regarding why Churches and other religious institutions reject people who are different ("Other") and using the work of Foucault and Discourse Theory in part to develop a philosophical underpinning.

I was formerly a Baptist pastor but now no longer attend church or have an active faith.

I am working with Professor John McDowell at Newcastle Uni. He is a fantastic supervisor.

I am a single dad with full-time care of a son with aspergers and i work part-time and so motivation for the thesis is a struggle and it gets lonely reading Butler and Foucault with no-one to talk to.

If anyone wants to become an email friend or offer advice or resources or coffee if you are in NSW or QLD then please feel free to email

Regards

Les Chatwin