Re: [Foucault-L] Duration, Dasein, Geneology, Archaeology.

Apart from the first paragraph I do, indeed, completely agree with Adam.

The point is what we do with Foucault's works and methods. In order to do that in a proper way, it will be very helpful to get grip on his sources. Also a comparison or confrontation with other philosophers, historians and scholars will be very instuctive. But, please, don't claim him.

As far as the analytic of finitude is concerned, I think that the concept of time and of positive finitude used there by Foucault, is different from Heidegger's. But, not being a well trained Heidegger scholar, I am not sure. I accept that a Heideggerian reading is also a possible way of reading, I am, hover, not convinced that it is the "only" possible way.

yours
machiel karskens