Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault, correspondence theory vs coherence theory

In addition to Kay Fisher:

1) I myself like to use Donald Davidson when this kind of truth-discussion pops up
2) Actually, that truth-discussion is most of the time focused on (the interdiction on)relativism; to me Rorty's articles on Truth (see Philosophical Papers vol.3) were very helpful in order to get grip on Foucault's statements on (the power of) truth as a practice and as truth(also see the lectures of 1982/3 and 1984)
3)Moreover, I think that in this kind of discussion it will be very helpfull to understand Foucault as sceptical historian. So reframe the coherence - correspondence discussion into the questions on historical truth, historical relativism, historism and the 'progress' of (historical) knowledge.

yours
machiel karskens