Re: [Foucault-L] Dissertation Project: Foucault and panopticism

I would suggest checking the following two books before making up your mind:

Mark Neocleous, Administering Civil Society
Peter Linebaugh, The London Hanged

They should give you enough context to know whether you can make something interesting out of this issue.

In my view the sovereignty/discipline opposition in Foucault is somewhat overplayed and tends to get him into the discourse of a 'control society'. Neocleous is good on this.