Re: [Foucault-L] disciplinary society

dear Kevin,

In Security, Territory, Population Foucault says that the disciplinary
mecanism, called modern, begins in the XVIII century, but the
contemporary mecanism is the security.

He raises two points, one is the question that in our societies the
general economy of power is becoming of the order of security; and the
possibility that we are seeing the birth of a security society.

The fact that we are seeing the birth of a security society could
indicate that we are leaving the disciplinary society, but Foucault
does not say that, at least not that I'm aware of.

Regards,
Rodrigo.