Re: Wright's Request

On Wed, 14 Sep 1994, steven meinking wrote:

> Also, Foucault seemed to always be the best at explaining Foucault. So
> anytime you can acquire a book with some of his interviews, do so.
> Titles by Foucault include _Language, Counter-Memory, Practice_,
> _Power/Knowledge_, _Politics, Philosophy, Culture_, and the _Foucault
> Reader_ edited by Paul Rabinow.

You fellows are pretty lucky! In the Philippines, books are luxury
items. Also, since our culture is oral, very few can stand the rigors of
reading Foucault, let alone Derrida! If anyone has information on
programs, plans, or projects involving donations of old books and things
like that to developing countries, especially the works of Foucault,
please let me know.

I hope you don't mind if I write this. Even though it does not discuss
Foucault's works, I suppose it has something to do with encouraging the
influence of French and German thought as challenges to
colonialization and imperialism in my country.

Rafael Acuna
Ateneo de Manila University
ralph@xxxxxxxxxxx