New Foucault List Update (Everyone Please Read)

Foucault List Members:

(The following was written by Malgosia Askansas of the Spoon Collective):

This is to tell you that this list, together with the other lists
administered by the Spoon Collective, has been offered a new site at
the Institute for Advanced Technology in the Humanities (IATH) in
Virginia. We will be moving all our lists to the IATH within the
next month or so. It is our desire to make the move as smooth
and outwardly invisible as possible. Here is what we intend to
do: we will establish the necessary environment for our proper
functioning at IATH, create all the lists we need, and subscribe
to them all the people currently subscribed to the lists on World
-- in other words, recreate at IATH the list-environment we now have
at World. While this is going on, the present lists will
continue to function without interruption. When we have
convinced ourselves that everything should work properly at IATH,
we will announce to you the new addresses for the lists and for the
listserver, and the list activities can move into the new setup.

We are likely to continue using majordomo as the listerver, so
that your administrative interface should remain pretty much what
you're used to. After the move, we expect to be able to install
a digest option and automatic archiving.

During the initial period after the move, there may be some glitches
that we'll have to work out. We request your patience, and urge you
to follow an unswerving policy of keeping copies of everything you
post to the lists.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me at
steven.meinking@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Yours in discourse,

Steven Meinking
Foucault List Moderator