Re: "le jetee" and 12 monkeys

> other ideas from the movie: madness as a social construct, madness as a
> viable alternative to reality, madness as an everchanging fluid, the
> paintings of breugel and goya, the animalism of madness vs. the
> technological society, the mentally ill as prophets, oppressed=insane
> while bourgeois=eccentric.

I haven't seen "12 Monkeys", but I am a great fan of "La Jetee". I find
it very strange that you read these ideas into it -- or does your analysis
apply basically only to "12 Monkeys"? I don't think "La Jetee" has anything
to do with madness or psychiatry or any such thing. If you do think it does,
could you elaborate?

-malgosia