Re: Re:

thanks for the reply.
I just finished reading a book by Francois Furet. Foucault recommends him
for a better understanding of the notion of revolution and the french rev..
He is totally against it. Foucault himself never cared about the out coming
of any social mouvment. What he really cared for was the attitude of people
during the revolution/social mouvment. For him, as for Kant, what is
important is the "enthousiasme" for the revolution and the role of the
intellectual is to provoque that "enthousiasme" in people, to create the
will for the revolution, to go pass the limits, no mather what the results
be! In other word, what counts , is the will for the mouvment no mather
what course it takes. He does not believe in progress after all! At least in
the last version of his interpretation of "What is Enl...?"
I wonder if according to F., there is not any other way for people to
experience this "enthousiasme" (why not by dancing for ex.?!) and to create
a new ethos as dandy as "l'ethos Beaudelairien".
As far as the iranian revolution, permit me to say that is was a political
suicide for whoever supported it, including Foucault (and myself as an
activist at that time!). I honestly think he/we had no idea about
Khomeyni's believes . F. didn't know a least what he was talking about,
when he said that there is no hierarchies in Islam!!!! etc.... etc...
As far as why this subject matters? Well, this is a personnel interest of
mine to understand how big the gap is between theories and practices?
F's trip to Iran, is for me his way of practicing his idea of
"l'intellectuel specifique" , and this notion is one of which distinguishes
him from for example from Sartre or marxists intel. well, if this is the
result of a " analyse foucaldien" (i.e. to fall for the islamic
revolution) then why bother at all? Nationalists and Marxists, with all
their fanaticism were able to analyse better that mouvment than Michel
Foucault !!!!

Thanks all for reading.

a bientot

Atefeh