Re: 'Actual past'

Malcolm Dunnachie Thompson writes:

> One more thing before I extricate myself from this thread. Vis-a-vis the
> supposed linguistic idealism of my posts and quetzil's posts, I think the
> notion of construction articulated by Judith Butler in _Bodies that
> Matter: On the Discursive Limits of "Sex"_ is pertinent. What I am
> suggesting (and what I think quetzil is arguing) is not linguistic
> idealism - rather, it is a poststructuralist speech-act theory (of sorts
> - I'm reducing things here of course).
>

> bye bye. my next post will be regarding the question of race in the
> context of a Foucauldian analysis of pornography, that chloe brought up.
> Excellent question - hopefully it'll generate more productive discussion
> than the "actual past". I'm sorry I brought it up.
>
> fight the power.
> malcolm

On the one hand, I am sorry about Malcolm's imminent extrication. I have
posted nothing to the thread, but I have followed it avidly, and have
particularly enjoyed Malcolm's posts (indeed the whole thread and the
posts of all participants). On the other hand, I already relish the
anticipation of the thread to come.
With many thanks for some great reads!!

fight ALL the powers
Derek

Derek G. Smith
Department of Sociology and Anthropology
Carleton University
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1Y 3J2
Email address: desmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: 'Actual past'