Re: Foucauldian readings on the History and Philosophy of Scientific Rationality

I fail to see why it is "nihilistic" to be unable to escape the field of
power? The desire to be free of power, to somehow move beyond it, seems
to me to resonate too powerfully with a sense of transcendant purity
(whether it be ethical, political, or biological) that justifies
absolutisms and discriminations of all kinds. I'd prefer to consider
myself as "tainted" by power always; such a vision serves as a prod to think
about the terms of my complicity and the need to be ever-vigilant about
the effects of my actions in both micrological and macrological terms.

-Mark Rifkin