Re: On Beginning to Read Foucault

Gabriel,

If you are asking for some suggested readings, I would highlight some
>from _Power/Knowledge_ (Ed. Colin Gordon) that intersect with your areas of interest
(however, not too much about Nietzsche by name).

I'd suggest chapters 5 and 6 of that book: "Two Lectures," and "Truth
and Power." These discuss explicitly the topics you mention, and as the
fifth chapter is in the form of (public) "lectures" and the sixth in the
form of an interview, they are both quite readable.

If you do choose to read them, and have any comments or specific
questions, perhaps you can write back to the list -- I'm sure there are
lots of opinions/suggestions out there. Good luck, and have fun.

Blaine Rehkopf
Philosophy
York University
Canada

In your message of 11:39 Nov 8 1996, you write: