Re: bibliographic

John Ransom wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Mar 1997, SOC MicroLab UEA wrote:
>
> > In the bibliog. to Benno Wagner's essay
> > 'Normality/Exception/Counter-Knowledge' in eds. Featherstone
> > et al Gobal Modernities (Sage 1995) he cites
> >
> > Foucault, Michel (1986) Vom Licht des Krieges zur Geburt der
> > Geschichte, (ed. Walter Seitter, Berlin:Merve).
> >
> > Does anyone on the list know anything about this book? I've
> > never heard of it before, though some of the Foucault essays
> > and lectures translated into English do seem to indicate
> > that Foucault spent a few years working on the lines this
> > German title would suggest.
> > Is the German volume a translation of a full-length work in
> > French?
> > Or is it a collection of essays, lectures etc?
> > And if the latter, which ones?
>
> The title of this text comes from the Editor. Published in 1986 by Merve
> Verlag GmbH; Postfach 327 1 Berlin 15. ISBN Nr. 3-88396-053-5.
>
> It is from a couple of lectures given on January 21 and 28 of 1976 at the
> College de France in Paris. It is a transcript from tape.

Only a little information, which could be interesting: The text you are
talking about was published in french two weeks ago. Gallimard and Seuil
start to publish all Cours au Collège de France, starting with the year
1976:
Foucault, Michel, Il faut défendre la société, Fevrier 1997.
Cheers, Alessandro from Paris