Re: transgression again

OK, and 'm' I am not trying to pick a fight, but the claim that:

>The vegetarianism here is a self-imposed limit
>whose crossability seems to me to be inherent in the very fact of its being
>conciously self-imposed.

Totally misses the point and posits a level of 'freedom of subjectivity'
that is simply untenable. Many of my friends are vegetarians, as I interact
with them their beliefs and practices enable and constrain mine as do mine
theirs. The social is always in the individual as a product-in-process and
decisions are never purely the result of self-imposition or otherwise.

Equally, is 'rock bitch's' performance a performance or is it for real? If
it is for real then it may constitute your notion of a transgression. But if
it is a cynical marketing ploy then does the same apply. But how would you
know if the orgasms are real or not?

>I think there is an umbilical cord linking it to religion; it requires
>some kind of sacred space to play itself out.

So, if God is dead is transgression possible?

Just some questions from an unconvinced observer.

-----

Colin Wight
Department of International Politics
University of Wales, Aberystwyth