Re: Foucault and Freud

A few cites that deal with both Foucault and Freud ...
=

Bersani, Leo, "Foucault, Freud, Fantasy, and Power." _GLQ_ 2:1/2 =

(1995), 11-33.
=

Derrida, Jacques, "'To Do Justice to Freud': The History of Madness in =

the Age of Psychoanalysis." Translated by Anne Pascale Brault =

and Michael Naas. _Critical Inquiry_ 20 (Winter 1994), 227-266.
=

Dervin, Daniel, Foucault's Preemption of Freud's Sexual Discourse and A =

Return to the Repressed." In _Enactments_ (Fairleigh Dickinson =

University Press / Associated University Presses, 1996) pp. =

213-222.
=

Gearhart, Suzanne, "Foucault's Response to Freud: Sado-masochism and =

the Aestheticization of Power." _Style_ 29 (Fall 1995), 389-403.
=

Strong, Beret E., "Foucault, Freud, and French Feminism: Theorizing =

Hysteria as Theorizing the Feminine." _Literature and =

Psychology_ 35:4 (1989), 10-26.
=

Toews, John E., "Foucault and the Freudian Subject: Archaeology, =
=

Genealogy, and the Historicization of Psychoanalysis" In =
=

Goldstein, Jan, Ed., _Foucault and the Writing of History._ =
=

(Oxford, UK and Cambridge, MA: Blackwell, 1994).
=

=

Jeffrey Hearn
Department of History