Re: reification, agency

>Reification is nothing but believing that saying makes it so. Reification is
>a form of falsehood when someone makes a statement that is merely a false
>belief in the wish that others will believe it is true. It is akin to rumor
>and false accusation and advertisement.
>Reification is exploitation: to claim that what is really abstract is in fact
>a concrete reality,
>when it is not.
>
>Vunch

well that's a great start. but spreading that out to a culture (maybe even a
global culture) and we get abstract falsifications that become concrete
assumptions on a grand scale. maybe "the market" is one of the
best reifications going currently, globally. when these horseshitters
constantly tell us that "the market" pressures us to do this that and the
other.

but further: the reification of "the market" also begins the reification
of the "us" bearing all the pressures of "the market" and so forth.

Vunch, your "nothing but believing..." runs deep.

hen