Re: reification, agency

Henk, In a message dated 98-05-14 07:20:09 EDT, you write:

> well that's a great start. but spreading that out to a culture (maybe even
> global culture) and we get abstract falsifications that become concrete
> assumptions on a grand scale. maybe "the market" is one of the
> best reifications going currently, globally. when these horseshitters
> constantly tell us that "the market" pressures us to do this that and the
> other.
>
> but further: the reification of "the market" also begins the reification
> of the "us" bearing all the pressures of "the market" and so forth.

Well how about that! I was beginning to think that I was the only one on
the list as pissed off about the way things are going as you obviously are as
well. Care to start a revolution? Count me in.
Remember me? I'm the psychiatrist who is more than a little pissed off
about whats happened to my potentially noble profession. Just read a great
book called _The Selling of DSM, The Rhetoric of Science in Psychiatry_ by
Kirk and Hutchins. Good job unmasking "market" and "power" motives in creating
this bullshit document. I recommend it.

Yours

Phil S.