Re: Schools and Foucault

there is ian hunter's rethinking schools, and stephen ball's foucault and =
education. =20

>>> Ben Durham <ddiggler@xxxxxxxxx> 02/24/99 06:40PM >>>

While we talk about Foucualt and prisons, I was curious if Foucault =
personally has done any writing critiqueing the education system. I know =
he makes references to it in Discipline and
Punish, but is there a specific piece of literature focused on the =
Education system. If not, does anyone know of any authors who apply =
Foucualt philosophies to a critiqueing of the
education system. I ordered two recent books by Thomas Popkewitz, but i =
am looking for more reading. Thanks in advance.

Ben D.
Georgetown High School