Re: Postmodernism & Liberalism

See the infernal parliment scene from paradise lost. Satan, who has
just been cast into hell for defieing God, makes the argument that the
other angels who fell most accept his leadership in hell out of a
sense of "just hierarchy" for if they don't "anarchy will reign".
Trying to examine a language game useing the grammar rules of that
language game is as quick,easy and obvious as pulling yourself up out
of the ocean by your own long hair.

---Bob <suannschafer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >If you mean that postmodernism should be critiqued with
postmodernism then
> >I have never heard anything so absurd in my life except of course
when,
> >say, a judge will critique the legal system with the principles of
that
> >legal system. The problem is, of course, that, like existentialism,
> >postmodernism cannot be critiqued outside of itself.
>
> I'm cornfused, hayseed that I am. Don't the two sentences above
contradict
> one another?
>
> BTW, isn't it a very Kantian notion that one use what is essential
to the
> discipline to critique the discipline itself?

==
"I am no doubt not the only one who writes in order to have no face. Do not ask me who I am and do not ask me to remain the same: leave it to our bureaucrats and our police to see that our papers are in order." Michel Foucault