"confused"

Hello,
I am on another list and the following "confusion" was written
about.
" I am very confused about a couple of issues, please help me!
First, I am confused that a therapist would read Foucault and decide to
talk about dominant discourses that oppress. Foucault also wrote about
technologies of self which open up new possibilities for living life and
being a person. Indeed, he called it an ethic of free choice through
which people continously produce themselves. So, how come, we don't hear
about this ethic of free choice? I'm so confused."
Laura