Re: what about us

>This newly evolved version of the Western liberal
>ethic is more important than any momentary political or intellectual agenda
>because, if effective in taking root in more and more people's hearts, it
>will be the deciding factor of what makes up the heart of political and
>intellectual agendas in the future.

So let me get this straight then. A pomo manifesto is a) more important than
any momentary political or intellectual agenda. Is it? how is it? why is it?
b) it is more important because it might be effective in taking root in
peoples hearts? what is / are peoples hearts? do you mean human nature or
instinct or a humanist conception of self? if so then too bad because they
have been rejected within pomo theory c) if it is effective in taking root
in peoples hearts it will be the deciding factor in political and
intellectual agendas in the future. Really? why is that? who says that will
be the case?

Doesnt western liberal capitalism already promote a respect for difference
e.g affirmative action, anti-rascism etc in western industrialised
economies? whilst at the same time denying those rights to others in the
'third world' e.g the right to life, food, shelter, medicine (need i go on?)
what and how will a postmodern manifesto address this? Where does politcal
economy fit in to a pomo manifesto?

cheers,

Doug.