Re: Situtaion in Turkish Prisons and Turkish people in the eyes of 1st and 2nd world

Erik tells us:

> I wonder if there's much sense in torturing people in prison when
> everybody has private cells and nobody hears about it, because it would
> not inspire fear anymore. It would be easier to run a sound tape now and
> then with human cries of agony, so that everybody believes there's a lot
> of torture going on. You could spare a lot of guards this way.

Well, there's probably none of the sense that produces rational schemes of
govern-ment. Perhaps what we see is a programme taking on a life of its own?
The guards and the prisoners seem to be locked into a certain arrangement of
subject positions that makes the guards bent on fragmenting, subduing, and
destroying the prisoners, while the prisoners are bent on resisting the
guards in every way possible (and by resistance I mean it in the sense of a
battle or what would APPEAR to be a fight against "repression").

~Nate