Re: Foucault - Power influencing policy

Well since nobody else seems ready to jump in, let me say a few
words.
The first thing that strikes me about your question is that it
perhaps it can be more easily and straightforwardly answer without
assuming the perspective of Foucault or anyone else for that matter.
People who run large corporate help fund political campaigns, get their
"men" elected (do women even want equality here, in the realm of sleaze?
:), and thereafter that politician's door is always open to them. It's
what we call, here in the states, "legalized bribery." Nothing very
complicated here. It's as old as dirt itself (pun intended).
But then, thinking about it some more, a slightly more interesting
question arises, the answer to which is a bit less obvious. Why does the
US electorate stand for this year after year? How can they go to the
polls, every 2 tears, 4 years, or however often they go, and think their
vote means something? Clearly, to some appreciable degree, these voters
are deluding themselves (or being deluded by other forces, e.g. the mass
corporate owned media) in to believing that the political system is
somehow "fair" and "democratic."
Perhaps it is from here that you could start looking to Foucault.
Although I realize you are less probably familiar with the US system
than some others, the US might be a better test case because there is
relatively little public financing of campaigns. And what there is
happens to be a mere matter of the government matching what the
campaigns raise privately. (So my bribe money gets a matching grant from
the US Government? woo hoo!).