Fw: Democratic News - 7/10/01

Read this, Clifford!! I mean, the Democratic Party just sent me this great
mid-year report, and, GOSH this is interesting to me! I don't really care
whether it's useful to the rest of the list, because it sure is interesting
to me!

I'm not going to explain what this has to do with Foucault. That would be so
un-Deleuzian of me. I'm not going to even necessarily contend that it has
anything to do with Foucault: that would assign a stable meaning to
Foucault's text and bleh bleh bleh....

Coming soon, random details about my toilet seat! I'll also post interesting
articles about Elian Gonzalez, Madonna, and Britney Spears's breast
implants?

Fuck you if you're not interested!

Nate

PS I'm going to stop fighting this war. I don't want to clog your inboxes.
I'm sorry.

> Welcome to Democratic News! July 10, 2001
>
> ******************************
> IN THIS ISSUE
>
> - DNC Issues Mid-Year Report
> - Quote of the Day
> - Latest News
> - On the Web
> - Calendar of Events
>
> ******************************
> DNC ISSUES MID-YEAR REPORT
>
> DNC Chairman Terry McAuliffe: "As we close the books on the first half of
2001, I want to report to you that the Democratic National Committee is on
sound financial footing and is growing stronger as a political and election
organization. We have put our "New Day" theme at the DNC into action by
significantly increasing our fund-raising and by capturing eight mayoral
races and a Congressional seat in just the last five months. The partnership
that we have forged has been a substantial contributing factor to our
success."

> Read about the good news:
> http://www.democrats.org/news/features/feature070601.html
>
> ******************************
> QUOTE OF THE DAY
>
> "The amazing thing [is that] we'll have our birthday on the same day again
next year." -- George W. Bush to an Associated Press reporter upon realizing
they have the same birthday

> For more quotes, visit:
> http://www.democrats.org/news/quotes/recent.html
>

> ******************************
> LATEST NEWS
>
> NY TIMES: BUSH'S BUDGET "GUARANTEED A COSTLY FUTURE"
>
> When crafting his tax plan, George W. Bush ignored the fact that combined
with a slowing economy, his plan was likely to force the government to dip
into the Medicare and Social Security trust funds and potentially throw the
budget back into deficit, wrote the New York Times in an editorial Saturday.
In so doing, "Bush gave up long-term fiscal discipline for short-term
political gain, and the salad days of surpluses have transmogrified into the
bad old days of budget bickering."

> Learn more:
> http://www.democrats.org/news/briefings/br070901.html
>
> STATEMENT FROM DNC CHAIRMAN TERRY MCAULIFFE AND BRONX DEMOCRATIC LEADER
ROBERTO RAMIREZ ON THE CONTINUED BOMBING OF VIEQUES

> McAuliffe and Ramirez: "For 60 years, the residents of Vieques have had to
put up with a noisy and destructive neighbor in the form of the United
States military, and for 60 years, they have paid the price. We call on
George W. Bush today to immediately halt the bombing of Vieques, and not in
2003 when it will be more politically expedient for him."

> Learn more:
> http://www.democrats.org/news/releases/rel070901.html
>
> REP. JOHN DINGELL DELIVERS WEEKLY RADIO RESPONSE ON PATIENTS' BILL OF
RIGHTS

> Dingell: "Under our bill, you will have access to emergency rooms and the
right to see your gynecologist or oncologist when you deem it appropriate,
not when your HMO permits it. You will have the right to select your child's
doctor or pediatrician as their primary care physician. You will have access
to clinical trials, and to specialty care and prescription drugs if you need
them. In short, you will have the rights and protections that have too long
been denied by HMOs."

> Learn more:
> http://www.democrats.org/news/features/feature070701.html
>

> ******************************
> ON THE WEB
>
> REPUBLICANS DECLARE WAR ON DEMOCRATS
>
> Trent Lott and the Republican Party have declared "War" on Democrats and
vowed they have a moral obligation to fulfill their mandate they claim was
given to them by the voters. The Republicans are bullying America into
believing they have a mandate for their right-wing conservative agenda and
will stop at nothing to succeed.

> Democrats must stand together to fight for what we believe! Contribute to
the Democratic National Committee today to and we'll send you a "Kick 'Em
Out" bumper sticker to show your support!

> https://www.democrats.org/support/
>
> JOIN A FREEDEM DISCUSSION COMMUNITY!
>
> Participate in our message boards on FreeDem.com to discuss the political
issues facing our country.

> http://webx.ibelong.com/WebX?13@@.ee6dfdc
>
> NEWS YOUR WAY
>
> How do you want your news? We've make it easy for you to keep up with the
Democratic Party -- on your PDA or on your desktop. The choice is yours.

> http://www.democrats.org/news/yourway/index.html
>
> GET INVOLVED
>
> Get involved with the Democratic Party at all levels. Visit our website
and find out how you can get involved in your community online and offline
to get Democrats elected and get information about registering in your
state. Take a first look at the US House and Senate races in 2002 and the
Governors' races in 2001 and 2002 and learn more about winning a Democratic
House majority in 2002.